MANUFACTURE OF TRACTORS IN NIGERIA
UNIG HOLDING, together with Ukrainian and Nigerian partner companies, are concluding processes for the development of plants for the production of tractors of various types and capacities, as well as agricultural machinery and equipment. As the basic, the enterprises and – manufacturers of such products from Ukraine were chosen based on a number of objective and subjective reasons and circumstances. It should be noted that the tractors produced by Ukraine even in the times of the Soviet Union and after its disintegration are widely known in the world and today they successfully operate in more than 60 countries of the world and in any climatic conditions. The production of tractors in Ukraine is mainly concentrated in two factories: the Kharkiv tractor plant of XTZ and the Yuzhmash Machine-Building Plant of UMZ.
Each of these enterprises is focused on its technology segment.
- Kharkiv Tractor Plant, one of the oldest in the world, is known for producing tractors with high-power engines – from 100 hp. and higher.
- Production Association YUZHMASH occupies a market segment with tractors equipped with engines up to 100 hp.
These enterprises cover a full range of tractors used in the industry of Ukraine.
All manufactured tractors have a high degree of compatibility with numerous attachments. The installation of additional equipment makes it possible to use them in agricultural and woodworking production, road construction, communal and excavation. The technology of production of tractors has been developed over the previous decades, it is widely known and progressive, and also technically and environmentally safe. Tractor enterprises of Ukraine have many years of experience in designing and creating assembly production facilities in other countries of the world, such as Bulgaria, India, Egypt, Pakistan, China, Vietnam and others. Suffice it to say that the total production of Ukrainian tractors, from 1931 to today, has exceeded 5 million machines!
it is these tractors that have made Ukraine one of the the world’s leading players in the agrarian sector. But whatever equipment these enterprises produce today, the main criteria that remained unchanged are the high quality, durability, safety and reliability of each manufactured machine. A wide choice of equipment, differing from each other by many indicators, including performance and capacity, allows any consumer to choose the equipment that is best suited for his needs. Moreover, the Soviet and post-Soviet production of equipment and machinery has always been distinguished by high quality of metal, simple and effective technology, durability of operation and relatively low price.
That is why UNIG HOLDINGS is focused on cooperation, partnership and mutually beneficial business primarily with these enterprises.
The implementation of this project involves the construction of several plants for the assembly and production of tractors, trailers and additional equipment for them. The FIRST of which is being developed at the free economic zone OMOLUABI FREE TRADE ZONE, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE. The plant is located on a territory of 15 hectares with production facilities with a total area of 12,000 square meters. The production capacity of each plant is up to 3000 WHEELED TRACTORS and AGRICULTURAL MACHINES PER YEAR of which:
- Up to 1500 tractors – up to 60 hp.
- Up to 1000 tractors – with a capacity of 60 – 100 hp.
- Up to 500 tractors with a capacity of 100-300 hp.
Production involves several stages, the first of which is the production of tractors and agricultural machinery in the amount of 1,000 units per year or 80 pieces per month (4 trators per day). In the future, their number will double, and at the final stage of assembly of tractors should reach a maximum production of 250 units per month capacity of 24 hp. And more. The organization of assembly production of tractors will occur on the basis of production licenses received and certificates from manufacturers. The assembly takes place on the transferred technical and design-assembly documentation, in strict accordance with the Standards of Nigeria.
- All manufactured agricultural machines and units fully comply with the conditions of operation in Nigeria and are adapted and designed specifically for this purpose.
- Units, units, components, spare parts and parts are original. With a guarantee – without fakes and low-quality products.
- The plant has its own exhibition pavilion, where all the produced equipment is provided. A test drive is conducted on a special test site.
- All the personnel of the plant are accommodated in hostels.
- On the territory of the plant there are training classes, a dining room, a cafe and a place for rest.
- For the delivery of tractors, which need repair, as well as for the delivery of the produced new equipment, we use our own tractors and semi-trailers to the plant.
- The plant and the technical service station are equipped with technical assistance machines that are equipped with all necessary equipment for small and medium repair directly at the customer’s site removing the need to transport the tractor to a station or plant.
The plant includes a number of directions for repair of production and service, three of which are the main ones:
- Assembly production of wheeled tractors, other agricultural machinery and additional equipment
- Overhaul and restoration of wheeled tractors with the appointment of a new resource. Equipping with new engines, units and units.
- Current repair, warranty and post warranty service and maintenance.
The assembly of tractors in Nigeria involves the organization of a large-nodal assembly at the first stage. In the future, it is our plan to increase the operations carried out by the Nigerian personnel. The very process of assembling tractors will take place on slipways. With an increase in the volume of production – the slip will be replaced by a full-scale conveyor, which will significantly reduce the cost of work and increase the production of machines. At the initial stage, the complete equipment will be provided by supplies from the manufacturing plants. In the nearest future, supplies of individual components, such as engines, gearboxes, reducers, batteries, wheels and tires will be purchased directly from the manufacturers’ factories. And the tractor plants will only purchase those units and units that they produce. This will significantly reduce the cost and simplify the assembling capacities of the plant. The plant is able to perform anti-corrosive treatment and painting with powder paint applied under high pressure by compressed air. Assembly production of agricultural machinery would be incomplete if it were limited solely to the production of tractors. Equally important is the organization of trailers, plows, harrows, soil disintegrators, sowing devices and other auxiliary equipment and devices.
CAPITAL REPAIR AND RECONSTRUCTION
- For the organization of overhaul of idle equipment, where current repair is impossible, the plant specialists will assess the technical condition of the tractor, whichever requires repair.
- In case the overhaul is economically feasible, the non-working tractor will be completely disassembled. replacing all defected parts, assemblies and units.
- the tractor is painted and completely assembled, all that is needed is completely replaced with new parts, assemblies and units.
- the tractor receives a new full guarantee as a new tractor.
- When carrying out major repairs, at the request of the customer (owner), the restored tractor can receive an engine of a different brand and other capacity than it previously had. And also get a maintenance bundle.
- Current repair of tractors will be carried out at the factory station of maintenance of tractors. Any malfunction will be repaired and for this repair the maintenance station will also provide factory warranty.
- In addition to routine maintenance, the maintenance station for tractors and agricultural machinery is upgrading or installing additional units and assemblies, which will improve the efficiency of the use of tractor and agricultural machinery.
- However, the maximum possible number of repairs will be carried out directly on pwners’farms and in the places where tractors and other agricultural machinery are located.
DELIVERY OF SPARE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
A separate but complemetary direction is the supply of components for tractors and agricultural machinery, such as tires, batteries and so on. For all supplied spare parts, a warranty is provided – from one 1 to 3 years.
For each manufactured product, a 3-YEAR WARRANY is provided that the operating conditions specified in the warranty agreement are met.
TRAINING AND CONSULTING
When buying equipment and equipment, training operators for its operation and mechanics for its maintenance is carried out for FREE.
Also for free for the whole period of the warranty, the customers can get advice on any issue that interests them. For this purpose, special telephone lines, Internet chats and instant messengers are available.
When selling the produced equipment, state leasing programs are proffered through mechanization desks o agencies such as the- Central Bank of Nigeria, NIRSAL, TOHFAN – Tractor Owners and Hiring Facilities Association of Nigeria, Bank of Industry, Bank f Agriculture and participating commercial Banks.
In addition, together with commercial banks, there are FINANCIAL or OPERATIONAL LEASING PROGRAMS – sales with deferred payment or rent with an obligation to purchase further.
The creation of the first and then subsequent factories for the production, assembly, repair and restoration of tractors, trailers and other agricultural machinery and equipment is an undeniable progress in the development of Nigeria as a whole
- localized manufacture of tractors of world level of quality and service will allow to get rid of import dependence over the years.
- localised production will make it more affordable for buyers to supply tractor equipment due to lower prices and a number of government programs and leasing.
- This will create hundreds of highly skilled jobs.
- The localized production of agricultural machinery and equipment will give a new, more powerful impetus to the development of the agricultural sector of the economy.
- This will lead to higher yields and lower prices for agricultural products, which will increase the standard of living of the country’s population.
- Will give an additional incentive for the development of the agro-processing industry. And this is again presents new jobs, a reduction in food imports and a drop in food prices.
Let’s Create New Nigeria Together